Changelog for the 3.14.x release builds.
This version introduces finalized Lua 5.2 support, Bits of Binary caching in MUCs, full External Disco and Jingle Relay Nodes support, rework most behaviours in case of anonymous authentication, improvements and fixes to storage API and introduction of RAM cache storage backend, various security improvements and bug fixes.
Other notable changes or fixes:
- Upgrade jQuery in webmin to 3.5.0, this fixes a recent GitHub advisory on jQuery
- Add optional password authentication to the Administration Telnet Console by using one of the admin users' (configurable)
- Correct bug on SRV records resolution
- Improve the libevent server backend
- Add a few options in mod_muc to make it more compatible with YunoHost's Jitsi Meet app
- Fix bare messages forking, for better compatibility of Jingle Session Initiation
- Fix LuaSec imports in certmanager for newer LuaSec versions
- Fix util.signal to avoid malloc() crashes
- Allow to specify full default configuration for the room instead of just a few options