Prior to building these are the required tools:
- Mercurial or Git
- Your operating system build essentials/toolchains (C compiler, gcc, make etc...)
- Lua version 5.1.x
- Lua development libraries and toolchains
And the following hard dependencies:
- GNU Libidn
- OpenSSL development libraries
- LuaSocket version 2.x (I highly suggest to fetch luasocket-prosody from Prosody's Packages) or 3.x
- LuaExpat version 1.2.x
- LuaFileSystem version 1.x
- LuaEvent version 0.4.x or above, I highly suggest the one from Matthew Wild PPA: https://launchpad.net/~mwild1/+archive/ppa
- LuaSec version 0.4.1 or above, required for TLS, I highly suggest to fetch luasec-prosody from Prosody's Packages.
- lua-zlib (brimworks' version), required for stream compression you can obtain it from here: http://github.com/brimworks/lua-zlib/downloads
- LuaDBI version 0.5 or above, required to use RDB storage.
Prosody's Package Repository ("Prosody's PP"):
If you run on debian-like linux almost all required and optional binary packages for the above mentioned libraries can be obtained there, see: http://prosody.im/download/package_repository#debianubuntu
Ubuntu apt-get line to install the required software and libraries (on trusty):
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libidn11-dev build-essentials lua5.1 liblua5.1-dev liblua5.1-bitop-dev liblua5.1-expat-dev liblua5.1-event-dev lua5.1-posix-dev lua5.1-sec-dev lua5.1-socket-dev lua5.1-filesystem-dev
Metronome's AUR Package:
Optionally if you run Arch Linux or a Arch Linux based distribution, there's a community provided package which will fetch Metronome latest tip from our Mercurial Repository and build it. You can find it here:
You can install it just by issuing: yaourt metronome-hg
Jappix Installation Tutorial:
A more detailed tutorial on libraries and installation can be also obtained from Jappix's documentation wiki.